The first season on Capella and we learnt a lot about her.
· The Genoa is too big for upwind, so always put a couple of rolls in it – otherwise lea helm is a huge issue.
· The engine is not fond of chilly days but start eventually
· Always ‘blow off’ the mooring.
· Don’t have a bottle-screw on the forestay (Fixing the Roller reefing)
· Don’t use a flexible funnel to put oil in the gear box
We had some really good sails in her and hope to do some overnights this year – may be even out to see (well as far as Walton Backwaters anyway)
Still a long to do list and more money needed to through in the fibreglass hole in the water (but she’s worth it J)
So for the new season it will be
· New standing rigging
· New anchor chain
· New set of 3 clutches
· VHF aerial actually connected to the VHF Radio
· New GPS aerial (primarily for the VHF Radio)
· All the switches moved to an accessible location
Along with all the usual commissioning jobs – going to be a busy and expensive spring.